Thursday, March 12, 2009

Almond Poppy Seed Bread

I got this recipe from a gal I worked with in YW in our very first ward. Since it's our anniversary today, I thought I would do something retro! And it's really good!

1 pkg yellow cake mix
3 eggs
1 1/4 cups water
1/3 cup oil
2 tsp almond extract
2 TB poppy seeds

Mix all together and pour into a well greased pan. The recipe says use 2 loaf pans, I have done one before. I have tried a bundt, but it always sticks...I think the cake is too light to work well as a bundt. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Remove from pan while hot and coat with glaze.

Glaze: 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup butter, 1 cup sugar
Combine in saucepan and bring to full boil. Boil for 2 minutes (be sure to watch it closely). Remove from heat and add 2 tsp almond extract. Pour over warm cake. I will make little slices with a knife in the bread so that the glaze can get inside and really get soaked up by the bread. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment